Thursday, May 24, 2012
NILL added new content to 7 Indian Law Bulletins on 5/24
* U.S. Supreme Court Bulletin - find case summaries and links to source documents at:
Petitions for certiorari were denied in Nielson v. Ketchum (Indian Child Welfare Act, Cherokee Citizenship Act) and in Comenout v. Washington (criminal jurisdiction, taxation).
* U.S. Courts of Appeals Bulletin - find case summaries and links to source documents at:
Cobell v. Salazar (trust funds)
Timbisha Shoshone Tribe v. Salazar (jurisdiction)
* U.S. Federal Trial Courts Bulletin - find case summaries and links to source documents at:
Native American Arts, Inc. v. Bud K World Wide, Inc. (Indian Arts and Crafts Enforcement Act of 2000)
Villegas v. United States (allotments, federal trust obligations)
Allen v. United States (federal recognition)
* State Courts Bulletin - find case summaries and links to source documents at:
Washington v. Clark (search warrants in Indian country)
* News Bulletin - find it at:
In the "Tribal Government" section we feature an article on the Oglala Sioux Tribe utilizing sentencing circles, a restorative justice technique.
* Law Review & Bar Journal Indian Law Bulletin - find article citations and links to articles at:
We feature an article relating to Congress' authority to recognize a Hawaiian political entity.
* Regulatory Bulletin - find it at:
We feature a proposed rule from the Department of Interior, Bureau of Land Management regarding hydraulic fracturing on public land and Indian land.
Posted by National Indian Law Library at 4:54 PM