July 25, 2013
NILL added new content to 7 Indian Law Bulletins on 7/25
Mashantucket Pequot Tribe v. Town of Ledyard (property tax, lessors of slot machines)
* State Courts Bulletin
Adoptive Couple v. Baby Girl (Indian Child Welfare Act, best interests of the child)
In the Matter of D.A. and M.A. (Indian Child Welfare Act, termination of parental rights)
Adoption of Baby Boy L. (Indian Chld Welfare Act, termination of parental rights)
* News Bulletin
In the "Intergovernmental" section, we feature opinion articles on the negative impacts of sequestration on basic services in Indian country.
* Law Review & Bar Journal Indian Law Bulletin
This week we feature an article relating to land into trust.
* Regulatory Bulletin
We feature a proposed rule for delegation of authority to the Southern Ute Indian Tribe to implement and enforce national emissions standards for hazardous air pollutants and new source performance standards.
* U.S. Legislation Bulletin
Three new bills were added:
1) H.R.2650 - Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Non-Intercourse Act of 2013
2) H.R.2662 - Family Engagement in Education Act of 2013
3) H.R.2718 - American Indian Empowerment Act of 2013