Petition was denied in: Public Service Company of New Mexico v. Barboan, et al. (Rights of Way; Condemnation) on 4/30/18.
Petition was filed in: Bearcomesout v. United States (Double Jeopardy; Constitution - Fifth Amendment) on 11/14/17.
Law Review & Bar Journal Bulletin
- Dethroning state security: Introducing a human security perspective to absorb the dangers of climate change to the self-determination of island state inhabitants.
- The long environmental justice movement.
- Monumental decisions: One-way levers towards preservation in the Antiquities Act and Outer Continental Shelf-Lands Act.
- Attempting to define the human right to water with an annotated bibliography & recommendations for practitioners.
- Tribal renewable energy service companies, Part 2.
- New Mexico tribal cannabis: policy, politics, and guidance for government-to-government cooperation in state-tribal cannabis compacting.
- Digging up bones: Archeological compliance issues in retail development.
- Standing Rock, the Sioux Treaties, and the limits to the Supremacy Clause.
- Time immemorial: Aboriginal rights in the Valles Caldera, The Public Trust, and the quest for constitutional sustainability.
- Inequality, social resilience, and the green economy.
- Community participation in development.
Pauma v. National Labor Relations Board (National Labor Relations Act - Unfair Labor Practices)
Sisseton-Wahpeton Oyate of the Lake Traverse Reservation v. United States Corps of Engineers (Clean Water Act)
Ute Indian Tribe of the Uintah and Ouray Reservation v. Honorable Barry G. Lawrence (Tribal Sovereign Immunity )
Ute Indian Tribe of the Uintah and Ouray Reservation v. Becker (Tribal Sovereign Immunity)
United States of America v. State of Washington (Usual and Accustomed Fishing Areas)
State Courts Bulletin
People In Interest of L.M. (Indian Child Welfare Act - Termination of Parental Rights)
People In Interest of E.R. (Indian Child Welfare Act - Termination of Parental Rights)
In the Matter of J.W.E., I.W.E., and J.W.E. (Indian Child Welfare Act)
In the Health & Welfare section, we feature articles about tribal healthcare and Medicaid.
We feature a notice of the Department of the Interior relating adding land to to the reservation of the Pueblo of Pojoaque.
U.S. Legislation Bulletin
The following bills were added:
- S.772: Ashlynne Mike AMBER Alert in Indian Country Act
- S.2706: A bill to amend the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act to provide snow removal assistance to Indian tribes under a Federal emergency declaration, and for other purposes.
- H.R.5661: To improve access by Indian tribes to support from the Schools and Libraries Universal Service Support program (E-rate) of the Federal Communications Commission, and for other purposes.
- S.2788: A bill to repeal the Act entitled "An Act to confer jurisdiction on the State of North Dakota over offenses committed by or against Indians on the Devils Lake Indian Reservation."
- S.2700: Comprehensive Addiction Resources Emergency Act of 2018
- H.R.5529: To provide for the transfer of certain Federal land in the State of Minnesota for the benefit of the Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe.