- Laissez-faire water appropriation meets land use planning in Washington's Hirst decision.
- A historical reassessment of Congress's "Power to Dispose of" the public lands.
- Bearing the burden: Environmental injustice in the protection of the Polar Bear Alaska Oil & Gas Ass'n v. Jewell (9th Cir. 2016).
- Native Americans: A crisis in health equity.
- Monumental power: can past proclamations under the Antiquities Act be trumped?
- The University of Denver Water Law Review Eleventh Annual Symposium: Foraging sovereignty, self determination, and solidarity through water law.
- A proposal for a national tribally owned lien filing system to support access to capital in Indian Country.
Chippewa Cree Tribe of Rocky Boy's Reservation, Montana v. U.S. Department of Interior (Whistleblowing)
Crow Creek Sioux Tribe v. United States (Federal Trust; Water Rights)
Upper Lake Pomo Association v. Morton (Lands - Federal Trust Status)
State Courts Bulletin
In the Matter of: P.T.D. (Indian Child Welfare Act - Termination of Parental Rights)
In the Tribal Government section, we feature an article about a tribal whistleblower case.
We feature a notice of the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs of availability of the Draft Bears Ears National Monuent Indian Creek and Shash Jaa Units Monument Management Plans and associated environmental impact statement.
U.S. Legislation Bulletin
The following bills were added:
H.R.6414: To amend title 23, United States Code, to extend the deadline for promulgation of regulations under the tribal transportation self-governance program.
H.R.6660: National Fish Habitat Conservation Through Partnerships Act.